your calls are a beautiful serenade
tapping on my heart
inviting me to share my gifts
flying on the currents of time
I hear your beauty in my soul
encouraging me to dance in the clouds
My friend Neha at forgotten meadows invited me to play this word challenge. If you don’t know Neha, I invite you to explore her lovely, heartfelt poetry.
I don’t usually play along with challenges or awards, but this one called me like the sweet bird songs, flowers and clouds in this meadow. I wrote another poem about this wonderful meadow last week. My word was serenade. Your word is at the bottom of the post, but don’t look until you are ready to write. I challenged myself to write a poem in the time allowed. I wrote for 5 minutes, created 36 words, a short poem and broke the rules by editing to have a poem that I was willing to share. I invite you to follow your inner muse. 🙂
Here are the rules:
1) Open an MS word document (or any other editor).
2) Set a timer for 5-10 minutes.
3) Your word is at the bottom of this post. DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
4) Fill the word document with as many words as you want, once you start writing, don’t stop.
5) DO NOT go back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check (this is only meant for you to reflect on your control over sensible thought flow).
6) You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals.
7) At the end of your post write down the number of words.
8) Do not forget to copy and paste the entire passage to your blog post with a new word for your invitees.
I invite the following writers to play along! 🙂
Cynthia at Cynthia Reyes.com.
Julie at Ramblings From Jewels.
Lorrie at Lorrie Bowden.com.
Aina at Lyrics, Sentiments and Me.
Roselina at Loquacious Little Lady.
MichelleMarie at Tell Me About It.
Your word is exquisite. Enjoy!