The Terrain for Health
I see so many people struggling with health and under the sway of what I believe is a false approach to health and healing.
Mainstream medicine, in the US and most developed countries, is dominated by the germ theory. At it’s core, the germ theory is about finding problems (germs, viruses, bacteria, cancer, AHDH, and other symptoms) and going to war to eliminate or kill them. This approach has created a medical industry focused on fighting disease, not helping people to create and maintain health. The germ theory originated with the French chemist Louis Pasteur, who proposed that microorganisms are the cause of most disease.
Much of our medical system (schools,doctors, research, and agendas) is funded and influenced by the pharmaceutical industry, with 50% of the industry controlled by the Rockefeller family alone. John D. Rockefeller is credited with creating the pharmaceutical industry (more profits from oil based drugs and chemicals). To pioneer drugs, he suppressed the natural medicines that were popular at the time and changed the direction of modern medicine, medical schools, and the AMA.
By contrast, Pasteur’s friend, physiologist Claude Bernard, taught that the ‘terrain’ of the human body was more important than the ‘pathogens’ that infect it. This explains why some people get sick when exposed to pathogens and some don’t. We are surrounded by pathogens while trillions of microorganisms live in and on our body. Thinking that eliminating one virus or bacteria will create health is a misguided approach. Countless life functions rely on microorganisms like digesting food, regulating the immune system, and supporting gut and overall health.
Bernard was right: the microbe is nothing, the environment is everything. ~ Louis Pasteur on his deathbed
I’m skeptical of mainstream medicine for the reasons above along with the current approaches for solving the covid crisis. The news is dominated by fear and limiting choices. People are not being told how to boost their immune systems or create health. I believe our bodies are self healing and meant to thrive. To thrive we must co-create a healthy terrain by maximizing healthy inputs and minimizing toxic ones which is the essence of the Terrain Theory and my approach to health.
The terrain approach is more holistic with an understanding that we are part of nature and our environment. Most alternative, and holistic approaches to health are based on the terrain approach. We are not separate and at war with environment, yet that is the mainstream approach.
Here are some recommendations from Dr. Ray Andrew of the Prestige Wellness Institute.
- Eat high quality, natural, whole foods, especially fruits, vegetables, nuts, and legumes.
- Get enough micro-nutrients. This may require testing to determine the levels actually in your blood.
- Get plenty of non-medicated sleep. The body needs deep, natural sleep cycles to restore and balance.
- Optimize vitamin D. Sun or supplements.
- Take liposomal colostrum, a great source of antibodies, growth factors, repair factors, immune messengers and stimulants.
- Exercise moderately. Our bodies thrive with activity, but not necessarily marathons and extreme exertion.
- Maximize oxygen delivery to your cells. Exercise, breath work, and eliminating toxins like smoking.
- Balance your autonomous nervous system. Deep breathing, meditation, and nature.
Brad’s bonus tips:
- Drink plenty of quality water. I like filtered or known source spring water.
- Focus on eating mindfully, chewing slowly, and appreciating your foods. You will absorb more nutrients and need less food.
- Hang out in nature.
- Quality time with friends and family.
- Spend time in high vibration states like play, love, and joy.
- Reduce toxins in your water, food (sugar, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, alcohol, drugs), home*, and personal care products.*
- Yes, there are toxins in many traditional personal care & cleaning products as you can discover with some research. But again, rather than being afraid of a toxin, germ, or virus, I’m simply suggesting to use as many healthy natural foods, personal care, and home products as possible.
- Focus on creating health, not fighting Covid or any other disease.
Dr. Andrew summarizes by stating that if you choose to focus on this one virus and receive the vaccine, make sure it is well researched, safe, and contains no toxins harmful to the immune system or brain. I don’t know how you can do that. These “vaccines” are not traditional vaccines. More accurately, they are synthetic injections using a novel approach that is really gene therapy with you as the research. They were rushed to market with testing shortcuts, contain unknown ingredients, contamination issues, and potentially harmful side effects.
Congress passed the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act (NCVIA) in 1986, creating a no-fault compensation program to stabilize the vaccine market adversely affected by an increase in vaccine related lawsuits. The result is liability protection for corporations, and a streamlined avenue to seek damages. Last year, congress amended the PREP Act to shelter companies from lawsuits for damages caused by medical measures to treat Covid-19 which includes vaccines, therapeutics, and respirators. If vaccines are so safe, why do we need these laws to protect the corporations?
There is no pharmaceutical product or other intervention you can undertake that will guarantee an infection-free life. ~ Ray Andrew MD
For these and other reasons, I’m cautious about vaccines. If you care to learn more, the story behind vaccines offers a deep dive into the background, questions, limits, and potential hazards of vaccines with Dr. Lawrence Palevsky. Like me, he has gradually moved away from mainstream medical views by questioning, experimenting, and gaining first hand knowledge, not simply parroting what we are told by the media and medical industry (both of which are controlled by large powerful corporations).
I’m surprised by how many people I thought believed in holistic health who are now relying on mainstream medicine, media, and the hope for vaccines, masks, and sanitizer to protect them. Creating a vital healthy terrain is your best protection. And trusting yourself and life as working with you, not against you.
I offer these views in the sincere hope that you might explore alternative approaches to health that I know work from personal experience. This post has primarily explored the physical aspects of health. Our terrain is also impacted by mental, emotional, social, and spiritual aspects. This is why I oppose the lock downs. They have caused enormous financial, emotional, and social harm.
I hope you empower yourself with a healthy terrain.