Soul Spaces 117 – Self-Care
Now more than ever we need to take exquisite care of ourselves. Please make sure you are nourishing your body, mind, and soul. Photography is one of the ways I anchor myself in joy, wonder, and connection.
Here are some of my favorite tips for self-care.
- Spend time feeling gratitude, appreciating the gifts in your life, allowing your heart to overflow with blessings.
- Simplify your life by doing less and focusing on what you most value and enjoy.
- Spend time with people who nurture and accept you.
- Practice loving-kindness to people, plants, animals, and the planet.
- Frequently commune with your spiritual source; meditation, prayer, creativity, nature, etc.
- Focus on empowering thoughts and ideas.
- Enjoy fresh air and exercise or movement daily.
- Drink plenty of high-quality water (6-8 glasses a day).
- Eat more simple, natural foods, including live foods daily.
- Reduce or eliminate your intake of processed foods, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, and other drugs.
- Nurture yourself, including making time to simply relax and be!
- Set yourself up to succeed by making changes in small, doable steps.
- Reduce your media intake (especially the news) and screen time.
- Relax and enjoy life along the way to your goals and destinations.
- Go play. Let your inner child sing, dance, and explore life with innocence and curiosity!
This is one of my all-time favorite videos created by Louie Schwartzberg and narrated by Brother David Steindl-Rast. Just watching helps boost my gratitude, energy, and emotional state. Enjoy!
May beauty, wonder, and gratitude fill our hearts and overflow into our community.