I have fallen many times in my life, including this year as I practiced being more proactive. Just when I was getting my attitude on track, I’d have a challenge at work, lose money in my investments, or a relationship stress. We all have challenges.
The key to success is learning how to get back up and use our challenges to learn and grow.
If you’re like me, you have dreams and goals, but maybe you’ve given up on some or all of them. We’re get tired, lazy, scared or not clear on what we want. Having chased goals that didn’t result in happiness, I’m hesitant to even set goals. Yet by not dreaming, setting goals and taking action, I’ve allowed myself to drift and my life to wither like a neglected plant.
I feel dissatisfaction from not acting on my dreams. Challenges and dissatisfaction can work for us if we use them as motivation to create a better life. I’m ready to take action and live more fully. How about you?
Here are 11 ways to get back up when you fall:
- Boost your attitude. Here are some boosters that I like; jumping jacks, singing, dancing, laughter, inspirational media and hugs!
- Set priorities in your life. Take time to discover what you most value and enjoy, then make those the priorities in your life.
- Align your life with your priorities. This is the key to lasting satisfaction. Dedicate time, energy and action toward making them happen.
- Take consistent action. Consistent action toward your goals leads to achieving them.
- Exercise the power of choice. Choice is one of our most powerful gifts. Use it wisely.
- Try something new, even bold. Take risks and try new things to stretch and grow. We may fall, but we can always get back up and learn from our experience.
- Practice daily self care, especially meditation and time in nature. These are two potent ways to soothe body, mind and spirit. Daily exercise is another great tool.
- Appreciate what is working in your life. Gratitude is one of the best foundations for attitude and life. As we learn to appreciate more in our life, our perception shifts. We become more open, receptive and creative.
- Nurture your friends and family. Supportive relationships are crucial to our emotional well being. Underneath our goals for achievement, I believe our deepest desire is for love and acceptance. Giving love is the best way to receive it.
- Celebrate and play. Lighten up and don’t take yourself too seriously. Humor is a gift to everyone.
- Enjoy the journey along the way to your goals. Achievement rarely leads to lasting satisfaction, so make sure to enjoy the steps along the way.